From "Steck, David" <david.st...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: New 0.9.8 bundle for windows?
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:36:44 GMT
Chuck,

There currently is not a 0.9.8 release.  If you search the mailing list archives, you'll see
there has been more than one request for a release, but a date has not yet been set.  The
0.9.7 release seems to be no longer supported (which may be why no one responded to your previous
question).  I'm not sure if there's a complete change log (other than perhaps in SVN), but
the changes are numerous.

On the other hand, the SVN head is (as far as I know) stable and seems to be kept stable.
 Problems with crashes that are the fault of log4cxx usually seem to be dealt with quickly.
 The recommendation is to download the current version (either with SVN (see "CVS Repositories"
from homepage) or from http://littletux.homelinux.org/log4cxx/ ) and use that.

I hope that's helpful.
-David

IMHO, the log4cxx homepage ought to be updated to more accurately describe the current situation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Spammed TooMuch [mailto:spamcolator@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:57 AM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: New 0.9.8 bundle for windows?

Hi,

Is there a 0.9.8 release available? The web page only mentions its forthcoming. The download
page has only 0.9.7. I'm new to log4cxx, but I've already run into one bug with log rolling,
would love to see the change logs for the 0.9.8 release!

cheers,
Chuck

Andreas Fester <afester@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Stephane,

there is no issue with the windows build, other than
it is still not yet done automagically, while the linux
build is executed each night :-)

I will try to update the binaries in the next couple of days.

Thanks,
Andreas