From Andreas Fester <afes...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant build error - g4cxx: Cannot get information about host: unknown.host.local
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:14:05 GMT
Curt Arnold wrote:
[...]
> I'm pretty sure that the message "Cannot get information about host:
> unknown.host.local" is unrelated to the test failure in
> "OptionConverterTestCase::testUserHome" in file
> tests/src/helpers/optionconvertertestcase.cpp.

Curt, you are absolutely right. I just checked, and I also get this message
on Linux. The reason why I never paid attention to it so far might be
that there are a lot of messages printed on stderr/stdout, especially
from the RollingTests.

IMHO we should try to minimize those messages in the test cases, so
that only the usual cppunit messages are printed.

This would also include using LogLog::warning instead of LogLog::error
for messages like " Cannot get information about host: unknown.host.local"
or "Empty conversion specifier", unless it is really an error in which case
it should be fixed either in the test case or in the implementation.

Thanks,

	Andreas