From "Wyles Eric - ewyles" <Eric.Wy...@acxiom.com>
Subject RE: segmentation faults
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 21:46:29 GMT

> > How should I proceed? Separate bug reports for each problem that I
> > have
> > found? Where is the proper place to submit bug reports?
> >

> https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/LOGCXX

So far, I have identified 7 distinct stack traces on segmentation
faults. Would you prefer that I open 1 bug report or 7 different ones?

> Okay, wanted to know if this was something that we might see on Intel
> linux or if it was just happening on a more obscure platform.  Does
> the problem show up with other versions of gcc like a gcc 3.3 or gcc
> 4.0?

I don't have access to install additional compilers on the development
machine, so I am not sure if these things are also happening on other
versions of gcc. When I open my bug report(s) I will attach a tar file
with my application.

> After that message, all use of non-local static members was
> eliminated EXCEPT Level::DEBUG, Level::INFO et all which were
> publicly exposed and left for compatibility with existing programs
> and ease of porting log4j client code.  log4cxx does not use them,
> but instead uses Level::getDebug(), Level::getInfo() et al.  There
> was a recent report of segmentation faults related to the destruction
> of the Level::DEBUG and similar static members which were eliminated
> when they were removed.  Could you try your tests again and hack
> level.h and level.cpp to remove those members.

I will give this a shot, too.
intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.