From Tom Panzarella <tpanzare...@freedomsciences.com>
Subject RE: Logging before main() crashes in 0.9.7
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:59:09 GMT
On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 09:44 -0600, brian_moody@agilent.com wrote:
> We're skittish about 0.9.8 as well, but I'm recommending to my team
> that we move forward with it.  What's in the SVN head seems
> release-quality to me.  I wish they'd put a fork in it and call it a
> release, so that they could get more significant momentum behind it.
> I'm sure there are a lot of people holding off until it's official.

Yes, I wish they would cut a release as well. We are using 0.9.7 in
development and are experiencing very troubling memory leaks. We have a
highly concurrent, real-time, embedded, mobile robotics application
coming out this upcoming fall and will not release it with 0.9.7
handling logging and will also not release it with a "non-blessed"
release version from Apache.

Could someone from Apache please give us a *definitive* word on when we
will see a blessed release of 0.9.8 so we can make the appropriate
decisions for our applications/products/development efforts? If we can't
get something concrete before we hit our beta testing cycle (summer
'06), we will have to look to a different logging framework or roll our
own (which would be non-ideal, since "the wheel" has already been
invented).

--

Tom Panzarella
Chief Technology Officer