From Andreas Fester <afes...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4cxx build on SUN Solaris
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:46:09 GMT
>> Is it unbearably hard to make the automake build to create a single
>> test executable without using an intermediate library?  Breaking the
>> test suite up into a small driver and a shared library of tests has  got
>> to make debugging in some IDE's more complicated than just having  a
>> single test executable.

Ok, I have now adjusted the automake build for the test
suite to the ant approach. The ant build simply collects all
.cpp files below tests/src/** and directly links the object files to
one executable, without creating static archive libraries for each
sub directory. I think this is a proper approach; some hints
on cppunit also say not to use (static) libraries with cppunit,
due to similar problems.

If there are no objections, I will commit this ...

Best Regards,

	Andreas