From "Andreas Fester" <afes...@apache.org>
Subject log4cxx build on SUN Solaris
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:30:20 GMT
Hi,

the latest tarball from
http://www.littletux.net/log4cxx/log4cxx-0.9.8.tar.gz

is now compilable on Solaris (I verified it on Solaris 2.9
with gcc 3.3). The test cases also execute properly.

The main changes were to fix the detection of std::wstring
instead of wchar_t, to wrap some pieces of code which use
wstring with the appropriate #ifdefs and to get rid
of the non-portable linker options when creating the test
suite.

I still have to adjust the build.xml so that the result
is the same regarding the testsuite shared library,
then I will commit the patches.

Regards,

	Andreas

Sherbert, Stephen wrote:
> After further investigation, it turns out that since the C99 C++
> standard is not 100% adhered to on Solaris, the configure scripts for
> building gcc disable wide character support.  As a result, I cannot
> build log4cxx with wide character support on Solaris without building a
> new gcc with a few tweaks.
[...]