From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4cxx build on SUN Solaris
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:16:58 GMT

On Dec 15, 2005, at 7:30 AM, Andreas Fester wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the latest tarball from
> http://www.littletux.net/log4cxx/log4cxx-0.9.8.tar.gz
>
> is now compilable on Solaris (I verified it on Solaris 2.9
> with gcc 3.3). The test cases also execute properly.
>
> The main changes were to fix the detection of std::wstring
> instead of wchar_t, to wrap some pieces of code which use
> wstring with the appropriate #ifdefs and to get rid
> of the non-portable linker options when creating the test
> suite.
>
> I still have to adjust the build.xml so that the result
> is the same regarding the testsuite shared library,
> then I will commit the patches.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Andreas

Is it unbearably hard to make the automake build to create a single
test executable without using an intermediate library?  Breaking the
test suite up into a small driver and a shared library of tests has
got to make debugging in some IDE's more complicated than just having
a single test executable.

While you are playing on Solaris, have you had a chance to try the
Sun compilers.  Apparently, they are now available through
opensolaris.org, but the site is not responding well at the moment.