From "Steindl Christian" <c.stei...@pke.at>
Subject process start indication in logfile
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:33:28 GMT
Hi,

The problem is that one cannot easily find the beginning of an process
in a (rolling) logfile. I'd like to have an indication in a (rolling)
logfile for each start of a process which logs into a file.
Additionally, it should not be a high-level log because it might be
appended to an alarming system. I imagine a static variable bOnce that
is used to print out e.g. a horizontal line in a log file, which usually
contains logging of a sequence of processes. Alternatively, it would be
nice to rollover at the process start. In this case, there's always a
file, which starts with the beginning of a process. Disadvantage of the
second approach is that the maximum size (MaxFileSize*MaxIndex) might
not be used efficiently.

I'd be glad for any ideas to realize such a behaviour.

Greetz,
Christian