From "Habelt, Juergen" <hab...@smt.zeiss.com>
Subject Antwort: RE: Antwort: RE: Failed to rename log file
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:23:55 GMT

If one thinks for a while, there are other options:

You can send the log messages to a socket, using (for instance) the
XMLSocketAppender.
The server can also be local (using localhost as the target server)
Then in the server log to a rolling file appender.

Jürgen Habelt
Software - Developer
Carl Zeiss SMS GmbH
Phone : +49 (0)3641 642945
EMail :  habelt@smt.zeiss.com

             "Combes, Chris
             M."
             <chris.combes@ngc                                          An
             .com>                      "Log4CXX User"
             Gesendet von:              <log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org>
             log4cxx-user-retu                                       Kopie
             rn-1322-habelt=sm
             t.zeiss.com@loggi                                       Thema
             ng.apache.org              RE: Antwort: RE: Failed to rename
                                        log file

             30.11.2005 15:37

              Bitte antworten
                    an
              "Log4CXX User"
             <log4cxx-user@log
             ging.apache.org>

Can you get a process ID for each process? If so, then you could use the
unique process ID as part of the file name. Just a thought.
-Chris