From "Combes, Chris M." <chris.com...@ngc.com>
Subject RE: Antwort: RE: Failed to rename log file
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:37:01 GMT
Can you get a process ID for each process? If so, then you could use the unique process ID
as part of the file name. Just a thought.
-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Jitendra Kharche [mailto:Jitendra.Kharche@geometricsoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:36 AM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: RE: Antwort: RE: Failed to rename log file

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks a lot.

I cannot use the second option. I have a java application that maintains a pool of these processes.
As per the pool, the processes are launched and destroyed to maintain sufficient number of
processes in the pool to serve the application. Moreoverall processes are instances of the
same executable. Hence they write to the same log file.

Regarding the first option, can any other Appender be used to avoid this problem? I am not
keen about RollingFileAppender as far as the log is generated correctly and the older files
are backed up.

Regards,
Jitendra