From "Lazaro Munoz" <lazaro.mu...@glsettle-us.com>
Subject RE: A design problem!
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:05:33 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: renny.koshy@rubixinfotech.com
[mailto:renny.koshy@rubixinfotech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:02 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: RE: A design problem!

Ken

Another suggestion may be:

1. Setup a "Logger" pool... then have a pointer to the Logger in your
main
code.
2. At the start of request processing for a client, set the Logger
pointer
to the appropriate logger in the pool, if one exists, or create a new
one
and save in the pool
3. After a certain timeout, destroy the logger -- so if no requests are
received from a client in lets say 5 minutes, the logger expires

Renny Koshy
President & CEO

RUBIX Information Technologies, Inc.
www.rubixinfotech.com

             "Jeff Davidson"

             <jeffd.rgs@gmail.

             com>
                                       "'Log4CXX User'"

             11/01/2005 11:40          <log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org>

             AM
cc

Subject
             Please respond to         [SPAM] RE: A design problem!

              "Log4CXX User"

             <log4cxx-user@log

             ging.apache.org>

Ken,

Would it be feasible to write to a (SQL) database appender? Later, you
would
simply query the results for each IP address as needed, instead of
forcing
the sorting of log records at the time that they are logged.

I'm very new to log4cxx so I don't really know how much effort would be
required, but if it were me I think I'd want a general solution that
offloads the sorting and processing of individual log records until
someone
(me?) actually requests them.

Anyway, it's food for thought.

Cheers,