From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Visual Studio .NET and Log4cxx 0.9.8
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 01:11:26 GMT

On Nov 8, 2005, at 12:13 PM, Combes, Chris M. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded the source for log4cxx version 0.9.8 from
> http://www.littletux.net/log4cxx
> However, I see there is no msvc directory in there like 0.9.7 has.
>
> Does anyone have the .sln and .vcproj files for Visual Studio .NET for
> building version 0.9.8?
>
> Also, it appears that there is an include file log4cxx.h.in which I
> gather is used in the *nix configure process to convert it to
> log4cxx.h,
> which is needed in order to build. However, I don't know what needs to
> be done for Visual Studio .NET.
>
> Any help appreciated,
> Chris

Build instructions are in the INSTALL file in the root directory.

The Ant build.xml can build log4cxx without use of the VS.NET IDE.
However, if you want to generate a VC project file for debugging, use
the Ant build script's build-projects-vc6 target.  When opened by
VS.NET, these will automatically be converted to .vcproj files.  I
have noticed that one some VS.NET's, you get better luck opening
the .dsp file instead of the .dsw.