From "Labour, Matthieu (MLPRO SF)" <matthieu_lab...@ml.com>
Subject Log4cxx-0.9.8 Compile Error
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:04:02 GMT
Hi,

I got the latest log4cxx-0.9.8 from
http://littletux.homelinux.org/log4cxx/

When I run ./autogen.sh

I get

aclocal:configure.in:30: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in
library
configure.in:30: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
src/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
src/Makefile.am:1:
src/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/Makefile.am:1: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf'
again.

./configure fails as well

checking for gawk... gawk
./configure: line 1870: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL: command not found
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for doxygen...
/projects/xdirect/tools/doxygen-1.4.4/bin/doxygen
checking for dot... /usr/bin/dot
checking for cppunit-config... no
configure: WARNING: cppunit not found !
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking cppunit/TestFixture.h usability... no
checking cppunit/TestFixture.h presence... no
checking for cppunit/TestFixture.h... no
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking io.h usability... no
checking io.h presence... no
checking for io.h... no
checking alloca.h usability... yes
checking alloca.h presence... yes
checking for alloca.h... yes
checking for APR... no
configure: error: APR could not be located. Please use the --with-apr
option.

I know I had a similar issue with log4cxx-0.9.7 and Andreas had provided
me with a version that already had
the configure script, so that I didn't need to run autogen.sh.

I would greatly appreciate any help

Thank you

My OS

OS name : Linux
OS release : 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp
OS version : #1 SMP Tue May 17 17:52:23 EDT 2005
Hardware platform : i686
Machine nodename : ejecxapeqdtmad01
Machine uptime : 367970

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and
do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important
additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/