From "Andreas Fester" <afes...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log4cxx-0.9.8 Link Error - Visual Studio .NET
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:12:35 GMT
Hi,

which source tree did you use, the SVN head or the one at
http://www.littletux.net/log4cxx ?

I just recompiled the dist-tarball
from http://www.littletux.net/log4cxx/log4cxx-0.9.8.tar.gz
using Visual Studio .NET which succeeded fine.
See http://www.littletux.net/log4cxx/log4cxx-0.9.8_win32.zip
for the binary results and
http://www.littletux.net/log4cxx/Build_win32.html for
the build log file.

Combes, Chris M. wrote:
> I'm getting a link error which appears to be that std::string is not
> being linked:
>
>        [cc] Starting link
>        [cc]    Creating library log4cxxd.lib and object log4cxxd.exp
>        [cc] logger.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> "public: stat
> ic class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct
> std::char_traits<unsigned short
>
>>,class std::allocator<unsigned short> > __cdecl
>
> log4cxx::helpers::StringHelper:
> :format(class std::basic_string<unsigned short,struct
> d::basic_string<unsigned short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned
[...]

> BTW, there is a duplicate declaration of method "GetErrorMessage()" in
> file:
> log4cxx-0.9.8\include\log4cxx\db\odbcappender.h
> Lines 199 and 209 contain the same declaration. I commented out the
> second one in order to build.

Dont have this in my source, did you apply any patches?

   195  * is closed (typically when garbage collected).
   196  */
   197  virtual void closeConnection(SQLHDBC con);
   198
   199                    virtual std::string GetErrorMessage( SQLSMALLINT
fHandleType, SQLHANDLE hInput, const char* szMsg );
   200
   201  /**
   202  * Override this to link with your connection pooling system.
   203  *
   204  * By default this creates a single connection which is held open
   205  * until the object is garbage collected.
   206  */
   207  virtual SQLHDBC getConnection() /*throw(SQLException)*/;
   208
   209  /**
   210  * Closes the appender, flushing the buffer first then closing the default
   211  * connection if it is open.
   212  */
   213                  public:
   214  virtual void close();