From Andreas Fester <Andreas.Fes...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Problem in using NDC in log4cxx-0.9.8
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:54:13 GMT
> and also get a "null" for the first logging request, before
> having executed any NDC specific operations:
>
> 4 [0xb772e8e0] DEBUG org.apache.log4j.NDCTestCase null - message0
> 5 [0xb772e8e0] DEBUG org.apache.log4j.NDCTestCase (a) - message1
> 5 [0xb772e8e0] DEBUG org.apache.log4j.NDCTestCase null - message2
[...]
> I dont know yet how log4j behaves in this case, have to
> find this out first...

Just tried this with an equivalent java application
and log4j 1.3 alpha6, and the output is the same:

0 [main] DEBUG org.apache.log4j.NDCTestCase null - message0
5 [main] DEBUG org.apache.log4j.NDCTestCase (a) - message1
5 [main] DEBUG org.apache.log4j.NDCTestCase null - message2

So, this is something which can also be discussed
on the log4j list after all, since the behaviour
of log4cxx is compliant to log4j in this case ;-)

Regards,

 	Andreas

--
Andreas Fester