From <alan.behrs...@bt.com>
Subject DailyRollingFileAppender Changing Default Rolled File Name Behaviour
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:25:45 GMT
I have a query.

I am currently using Log4J Version 1.2.12 and I wish to change the
default file naming convention when a file is rolled.

The DatePattern I am using is "'.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH" thus forcing hourly
rolling.

How do I change the rolled log file name from x.log.yyyy-MM-dd-HH to say
x_yyyyMMddHH.log?

Can I do this by overriding the DailyRollingFileAppender or by
overriding a FileAppender?

Could someone please give me some guidance and preferable indicate which
methods need to be altered to incorporate this behaviour.

Regards,

Alan Behrsing
Designer

email: alan.behrsing@bt.com <mailto:alan.behrsing@bt.com>