From "Alexandre Gacon" <alexandre.ga...@masagroup.net>
Subject RE: DailyRollingFileAppender Changing Default Rolled File Name Behaviour
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:02:45 GMT
This list is about log4cxx and not log4j. Please use the user list of log4j
for this question.

Alexandre

  _____

De : alan.behrsing@bt.com [mailto:alan.behrsing@bt.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 23 novembre 2005 12:26
À : log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org
Objet : DailyRollingFileAppender Changing Default Rolled File Name Behaviour

I have a query.

I am currently using Log4J Version 1.2.12 and I wish to change the default
file naming convention when a file is rolled.

The DatePattern I am using is "'.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH" thus forcing hourly
rolling.

How do I change the rolled log file name from x.log.yyyy-MM-dd-HH to say
x_yyyyMMddHH.log?

Can I do this by overriding the DailyRollingFileAppender or by overriding a
FileAppender?

Could someone please give me some guidance and preferable indicate which
methods need to be altered to incorporate this behaviour.

Regards,

Alan Behrsing
Designer

email:  <mailto:alan.behrsing@bt.com> alan.behrsing@bt.com