From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML Curiosity
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:57:00 GMT

On Sep 26, 2005, at 11:50 AM, Ron Ohmer wrote:

> In particular, my question is based on Xerces being Apache as well as
> Log4.

log4cxx currently uses either libxml2 or MSXML depending on platform
and that is due to ancient design decisions that predate log4cxx's
migration to ASF or my involvement in the project.  The current
objective is to eliminate dependency on both libxml2 and MSXML by
migrating to a configurator that would use the Apache Portable
Runtime XML services (essentially a wrapper on Expat).