From "Ron Ohmer" <roh...@aisconsulting.net>
Subject Custom Appender
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 01:19:17 GMT
I am having an oddity in Visual Studio with my new appender..  Just curious if anyone has had
something like this.

Here are the final 3 errors..
rollingfileappender.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall
log4cxx::rolling::RollingPolicyBase::setFileNamePattern(class std::basic_string<unsigned
short,struct std::char_traits<unsigned short>,class std::allocator<unsigned short>
> const &)" (?setFileNamePattern@RollingPolicyBase@rolling@log4cxx@@QAEXABV?$basic_string@GU?$char_traits@G@std@@V?$allocator@G@2@@std@@@Z)
referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall log4cxx::rolling::RollingFileAppender::activateOptions(class
log4cxx::helpers::Pool &)" (?activateOptions@RollingFileAppender@rolling@log4cxx@@UAEXAAVPool@helpers@3@@Z)

rollingfileappender.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall log4cxx::rolling::FixedWindowRollingPolicy::FixedWindowRollingPolicy(void)"
(??0FixedWindowRollingPolicy@rolling@log4cxx@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual
void __thiscall log4cxx::rolling::RollingFileAppender::activateOptions(class log4cxx::helpers::Pool
&)" (?activateOptions@RollingFileAppender@rolling@log4cxx@@UAEXAAVPool@helpers@3@@Z)

rollingfileappender.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall
log4cxx::rolling::Action::close(void)" (?close@Action@rolling@log4cxx@@QAEXXZ) referenced
in function "public: bool __thiscall log4cxx::rolling::RollingFileAppender::rollover(class
log4cxx::helpers::Pool &)" (?rollover@RollingFileAppender@rolling@log4cxx@@QAE_NAAVPool@helpers@3@@Z)

.\..\build\debug\shared/log4cxxd.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 62 unresolved externals

The seem rather strange, since I did nothing with these.  I get similar errors in domconfiguration
and pattern layout.  Any suggestions?