From "Ron Ohmer" <roh...@aisconsulting.net>
Subject RE: XML Curiosity
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 02:33:27 GMT
Thanks for your reply, we thought it was something like that.

________________________________

From: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@apache.org]
Sent: Mon 9/26/2005 1:57 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: XML Curiosity

On Sep 26, 2005, at 11:50 AM, Ron Ohmer wrote:

	In particular, my question is based on Xerces being Apache as well as
	Log4.

log4cxx currently uses either libxml2 or MSXML depending on platform and that is due to ancient
design decisions that predate log4cxx's migration to ASF or my involvement in the project.
 The current objective is to eliminate dependency on both libxml2 and MSXML by migrating to
a configurator that would use the Apache Portable Runtime XML services (essentially a wrapper
on Expat).