From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build problems, Windows and Ms VC++ 6
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

On Sep 22, 2005, at 9:46 AM, Cisty wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have problems building the latest version of log4cxx. I checked
> it out of CVS, downloaded ant-1.6.5, checked out and built the
> latest ant-contrib and cpptasks. Then I tried to run ant.
>
> The log4cxx builing process always stops with a dialog box with the
> caption "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library" and text "Debug Error!
> program ...\debug\shared\log4cxx-test.exe abnormal program
> terminantion". The error seems to be in target "run-unittest".
>
> Any ideas, what I am doing wrong? Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Sincerely,
> Michal Cisty

At that point, the log4cxx DLL has been constructed, but appears to
be failing a unit test with a null pointer exception or similar.  I
can't diagnose any Windows problems at the moment as most of my gear
is my car after fleeing Hurricane Rita and I don't think Starbucks
would appreciate me making myself that at home.

It is possible that the failing test would not affect your use of the
library.  While not a long term solution, you could use the
constructed library which could work fine for your application.
Otherwise, I'd have to reproduce, analyze and resolve the problem,
but can't do with the limited information provided and my current
situation.