From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to Log STDOUT to CONSOLE and a spacific category to a file ?
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:20:23 GMT

On Jul 1, 2005, at 4:02 PM, Sérgio Stateri Júnior wrote:

>   <category name="br.com.ultragaz.util.LogConnectionPoolTimerTask">
>       <priority value="INFO"/>
>       <appender-ref ref="FILE_CP"/>
>   </category>
>
>  <root>
>     <level value="INFO" />
>     <appender-ref ref="STDOUT"/>
>   </root>
> .
> .
> .
>
>         But using this confifuration the System.out and System.err
> is sent to the CONSOLE (STDOUT) and the
> "br.com.ultragaz.util.LogConnectionPoolTimerTask" category is sent
> to "FILE_CP", but the
> "br.com.ultragaz.util.LogConnectionPoolTimerTask" category is sent
> to the STDOUT too, and I don´t want to send the
> "br.com.ultragaz.util.LogConnectionPoolTimerTask" category messages
> to the CONSOLE (STDOUT).

I think:

- <category name="br.com.ultragaz.util.LogConnectionPoolTimerTask">
+<category name="br.com.ultragaz.util.LogConnectionPoolTimerTask"
additivity="false">

is what you are looking for.  Unless specifically instructed
otherwise by the additivity attribute, logging requests are processed
by all appenders that appear in their inheritance hierarchy.  In this
original case, all logging requests to "...LogConnectionPoolTimeTask"
would be handled by both FILE_CP and STDOUT if they were INFO or
higher.