From "Conway Allen" <Allen.Con...@atosorigin.com>
Subject RE: Building the 0.9.8
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:15:50 GMT
Merci Andreas... that worked with a few trivial problems that I got round trivially...

1. My xml directory was in /usr:include/xml2 and not in /usr/include (probably my fault when
I installed it in the dim and distant past). I couldn't find a configure option for saying
where the xml directory was so I just made a symbolic link..

2. The links of the programs didn't work because no -lxml2 was being passed. I don't know
why that is and, to be honest, I didn't really look - I manually changed the Makefiles. I
didn't pass a -with_xml option to configure but that couldn't be the reason. The xml libraries
are in /usr/lib so they at least are in the right place.

3. The make check doesn't do anything, is that how it should be?

Executing the example programs I'm pleased to see that the times come out right (i.e. the
TZ is respected) and surprised to see that the %Q format for getting millisecs is not interpreted
and comes out as it goes in, i.e. %Q !

Thanks a lot!

Allen.