From Sérgio Stateri Júnior <gbl.ser...@ultra.com.br>
Subject how to Log STDOUT to CONSOLE and a spacific category to a file ?
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:02:32 GMT

	Hi,

	How can I log STDOUT and STDERR to CONSOLE and a specific category
(like a class name) to a file ? I´m trying to do this using the log4j.xml :

.
.
.
  <category name="br.com.ultragaz.util.LogConnectionPoolTimerTask">
      <priority value="INFO"/>
      <appender-ref ref="FILE_CP"/>
  </category>

 <root>
    <level value="INFO" />
    <appender-ref ref="STDOUT"/>
  </root>
.
.
.

	But using this confifuration the System.out and System.err is sent
to the CONSOLE (STDOUT) and the
"br.com.ultragaz.util.LogConnectionPoolTimerTask" category is sent to
"FILE_CP", but the "br.com.ultragaz.util.LogConnectionPoolTimerTask"
category is sent to the STDOUT too, and I don´t want to send the
"br.com.ultragaz.util.LogConnectionPoolTimerTask" category messages to the
CONSOLE (STDOUT).

	What´s the correct configuration ?

	Thanks in advance,

	Sergio Stateri Jr.