From "Alexandre Gacon" <alexandre.ga...@masagroup.net>
Subject Some problems with MSVC versions of Log4Cxx
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:56:24 GMT
Hello,

Several days ago I grabbed a CVS version of log4cxx 0.9.8. I built it with
Visual .Net without problem.

When I used it in my projects the lib works well but in debug mode I get
several memory leaks coming from log4cxx like

I wanted to try the examples given with log4cxx but I don't manage to
compile them with the generated project (visual 6 used).

Finally, in warning level 4, Visual produces the following warning:

..\..\..\include\log4cxx\helpers\appenderattachableimpl.h(45) : warning
C4251: 'log4cxx::helpers::AppenderAttachableImpl::appenderList' : class
'std::vector<_Ty>' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of
class 'log4cxx::helpers::AppenderAttachableImpl'
        with
        [
            _Ty=log4cxx::AppenderPtr
        ]

I don't know if it is linked to the leak problem.

Is it a bug or did I miss something in my projects configuration ?

For example the generated dsp for the examples defines some symbols for APR.
My projects work fine without them (I tried to compiler with them but I
still have the memory leaks).

Alexandre