From Eric Pieters <eric.piet...@gmail.com>
Subject log4 configuration file inside a jar
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:43:20 GMT
Hi,

I would like to bundle a configuration file inside a jar.

Inside my app I use the following;

DOMConfigurator.configure("myApp.xml");

The manifest file of the jar in which myApp.xml is bundled
contains the following:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.4
Created-By: 1.4.2_07-b05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Class-Path: conf/

and inside the jar myApp.xml resides in the conf directory.
So you get;

org/myApp/1.class
org.myApp/2.class
conf/myApp.xml

>From reading info on JAR Manifest structure etc. I assume the above
should work. But it doesn't. I throws a FileNotFoundException.

Has somebody already successfully bundled the config file inside
a jar and point me into the correct direction?

Thanks.

Eric.