From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: log4 configuration file inside a jar
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:15:18 GMT

On Jun 16, 2005, at 7:43 PM, Eric Pieters wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to bundle a configuration file inside a jar.

Sounds like a question for log4j-user@logging.apache.org not log4cxx-
user.

DOMConfigurator.configure(String) gives no indication that its
parameter is treated as anything other than plain filename.  So
expecting it to be used in a search within a jar file is unwarranted.

I think what you you would likely end up needing to do is to obtain
an URL for the resource using org.MyApp.MyClass.class.getResource("/
conf/MyApp.xml") and then calling DOMConfigurator(URL).