From "Labour, Matthieu (MLPRO SF)" <matthieu_lab...@ml.com>
Subject Error when running ./autogen.sh on Linux when building log4cxx-0.9.7
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:08:35 GMT
Hi I am getting the following error when running ./autogen.sh on linux
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 4)
I see that some people had the same error but  I don't really understand
how to solve it. Thank you for your help

I am using:
GNU m4 1.4.1
Aclocal 1.9.5
Autoversion 2.59
autoconf 2.59
Automake 1.9.5

bash-2.05b$ ./autogen.sh
aclocal:configure.in:32: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in
library
/tools/gnu/autoconf-2.59/share/autoconf/Autom4te/XFile.pm line 229.
/tools/gnu/autoconf-2.59/share/autoconf/Autom4te/XFile.pm line 229.
/tools/gnu/autoconf-2.59/share/autoconf/Autom4te/XFile.pm line 229.
configure.in:32: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
/tools/gnu/autoconf-2.59/share/autoconf/Autom4te/XFile.pm line 229.
configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in: installing `./missing'
examples/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
src/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
src/Makefile.am:1:
src/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
src/Makefile.am:1: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf'
again.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and
do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important
additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/