From ti...@scubazone.co.za
Subject Re: build problem on solaris
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:10:19 GMT
thank you for your help but after one day of suffering i am abandoning my
effort to compile it on Solaris with the workshop compiler. I probably am
doing something wrong somewhere but
ant -Dcompiler=CC
results in miles and miles of compiler errors. as far as I can gather it
does appear as if ant does not detect various aspects correctly e..g
sigwait taking only one argument and hundreds more such things. i am very
dissapointed as I really wanted to use this on Solaris but I can only
conclude that if you are not an expert on ant and the likes, you will
never get it to compile. I am not even starting to talk to get it compiled
64-bit which is how I really have to compile it. the log4cxx community
would probably make some people very happy to get it working on Solaris as
easy as it is on Linux as the mailing lists does indicate a lot of
interrest on using it on Solaris.