From Andreas Fester <Andreas.Fes...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Installation
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:34:43 GMT
Hi Pedro,

Pedro Monjo Florit wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have succesfully compiled log4cxx CVS HEAD, using the ant build
> system. The next problem I am facing is installation. With version
> 0.9.7, there was the traditional *nix method of "configure", "make" and
> "make install", so it was fairly easy to install everything and even

This should still work with 0.9.8, even though there are currently some
issues which are being worked on.

If you are interested: I have set up the creation of a daily dist
tarball at

http://littletux.homelinux.org/log4cxx/

It is identical to the CVS head, but contains some patches which have
not been committed yet (basically regarding the configuration of
logchar). Using the package provided at the above link, you should be
able to use ./configure ; make ; make install
Simply make sure that the APR and APR-UTIL libraries can be found,
possibly by passing the appropriate --with-apr=PATH parameters to
configure.

Also, I compiled the package yesterday and found an issue when using the
default value UTF8 for logchar; I had to use --with-logchar=WCHAR
to successfully build everything.

> create RPM packages (I am using SuSE Linux). Since this method is
> deprecated in 0.9.8 and, in fact, does not work, how do I install the
> whole log4cxx once it is compiled? Is there an easy way to create RPM?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pedro Monjo

Regards,

	Andreas