From ti...@scubazone.co.za
Subject Re: build problem on solaris
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:11:29 GMT
Hi,
Thank you. I have just got it to compile by installing the sources on a
Linux machine and generating the configure script there so it probably
boils down to the same thing. I do get the feeling that the package is not
stable at all on Solaris. The following core dumps (I am new to log4cxx so
might be me making a mistake but the same works on Linux)

#include <log4cxx/logger.h>
#include <log4cxx/basicconfigurator.h>
#include <log4cxx/propertyconfigurator.h>
#include <log4cxx/helpers/exception.h>

using namespace log4cxx;
using namespace log4cxx::helpers;

LoggerPtr logger = Logger::getLogger(_T("MyApp"));

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    int result = EXIT_SUCCESS;
    try
    {
        if (argc > 1)
        {
            // BasicConfigurator replaced with PropertyConfigurator.
            PropertyConfigurator::configure(argv[1]);
        }
        else
        {
            BasicConfigurator::configure();
        }

        LOG4CXX_FATAL(logger, "Entering application.");
        LOG4CXX_FATAL(logger, "Exiting application.");
    }
    catch(Exception&)
    {
        result = EXIT_FAILURE;
    }

    return result;
}

tiaan@dev:/export/home/tiaan/testlog$ ./test
You have tried to set a null level to root.
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

and also

tiaan@dev:/export/home/tiaan/testlog$ ./test socketServer1.properties
You have tried to set a null level to root.
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Regards
Tiaan