From Paul Butcher <p...@paulbutcher.com>
Subject Status of stream.h?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:14:55 GMT
I am having problems with the code within <log4cxx/stream.h>. Using it in a
single source file works fine, but when I try to use it more than once, I get
the following when linking:

In function `operator<<(log4cxx::logstream&, char const*)':
log4cxx/stream.h:153: multiple definition of `operator<<(log4cxx::logstream&,
char const*)'

Plus a lot of other similar errors.

I'm using g++ (GCC) 3.3.4 (pre 3.3.5 20040809).

I get the impression that this code is still evolving? Is it ready for "prime
time" yet?

A wider question: what is the preferred mechanism for generating log messages
which are more than just fixed strings?

Thanks in advance!

paul.butcher->msgCount++

Snetterton, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?