From "Pauley, John C" <John.Pau...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: Linux RedHat 9.0
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:50:08 GMT
First thing I would suggest is getting the latest sources from CVS.  It
is noted on log4cxx homepage that 0.9.7 "substantially out of date, has
known serious deficiencies that have been resolved in the CVS".

Regards,
John

________________________________

From: Crescioli, Phil [mailto:Phil.Crescioli@gd-ais.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 3:40 PM
To: log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Linux RedHat 9.0

All,
I'm a new log4cxx user.
I noticed on the apache web site the log4cxx version 0.9.7 I have is
buggy with
respect to log4cxx initialization and I'm having probs and would
appreciate
any feedback on if my prob is a bug or me doing something wrong.

My env is: RHLinux9.0, with log4j.properties in the
same dir as my exe that has hooks to log4cxx.

When I run my exe I get the following error:

Could not instantiate class [org.apache.log4j.FileAppender]
Class 'org.apache.log4j.FileAppender' not found

Is this saying my liblog4cxx.a library I'm linking to my exe does
not contain a needed class?  If so, how do I rebuild liblog4cxx.a
so it see's the needed class?

Is this just a log4.properties config error on my part?
Any help is appreciated.

Phil