From "Chris Williams" <chris_d_willi...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: build problem on solaris
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:22:45 GMT
Here are the instructions I used to get the latest HEAD with CVS to compile
on Solaris.  Compiling on Solaris is very doable...

For those interested, here are the steps I took to compile logging-log4cxx
on Solaris 10.  This *might* work for those working on earlier versions of
Solaris.  I am using a stock Solaris 10 install with the Sun Freeware CD
installed which places a bunch of applications under /usr/sfw and /opt/sfw.
The version of gcc that I have installed is 3.4.2.

1) Downloaded and installed ant 1.6.3.
2) Fetch from CVS ant-contrib and built it.
3) Fetch from CVS cpptasks and built it.
4) I copied the jars from ant-contrib and cpptasks to the ant lib directory.
5) Download the expat package from www.sunfreeware.com and install it.
(/usr/local)
6) Download apr-1.1.0.  Run configure, make, and make install.
7) Download apr-util-1.1.0. Run configure with the following args:
--with-apr=/usr/local/apr --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2
LDFLAGS="-R/opt/sfw/lib".  Then do a make and make install.
8) Download cppunit-1.10.2.  Run configure, make, and make install.
9) Modified the build.xml to add <linkerarg value="-L/usr/local/lib"/> to
the following targets: build, build-example, build-socketserver,
build-unittest, build-standalone-unittest
10) Run ant -Dapr.dir=/usr/local/apr
-Dcppunit.dir=/export/disk10/cppProjects/cppunit-1.10.2 -Dlogchar=utf8
-Dhas.wchar_t=0