From Curt Arnold <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: Compile issues on solaris 2.8
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 21:39:18 GMT
clocale is a C++ wrapperfor the C RTL locale.h and is of no interest.
I would have expected streambuf to contain several instances of locale,
particularly in the definitions for stl::streambuf::imbue.  Out of
curiosity, could you provide the copyright info from the streambuf
header.

It looks like that version of GCC (or that version of GCC for that
platform) did not provide the Standard Template Library locale classes.
  I'll explore how to provide a fallback implementation when stl::locale
is missing and get back with you.  The fallback implementation will
highly likely be fixed to the default C locale (aka English).  The
configure script will have to (eventually) be modified to detect the
lack of <locale>.  I'm not an configure guru, if you are and can
suggest changes that would that would allow me to do something like:

#if LOG4CXX_HAS_STL_LOCALE
#include <locale>
#else
#include <log4cxx/include/mocklocale>