From "Owen Corpening" <ocorpen...@acornsys.com>
Subject not getting logfile
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 20:47:37 GMT
pulling hair out
tried everything, this stuff is just copied out of the docs. I am expecting
to get a file "example.log", console output is not possible in this
situation. If I change the path to the property file it fails, as expected.
So at least I believe that is getting read in. I have tried specifying full
path to example.log also. Tried LOG4CXX_DEBUG.

here is some of the code:
extern "C" UINT __stdcall ValidateActuateiServerSettings(MSIHANDLE hInstall)
{
char ServerPort[MAX_PATH];
DWORD ServerPortLen = MAX_PATH;
//BasicConfigurator::configure();
PropertyConfigurator::configure(LOG4CXX_FILE("C:\\development\\head\\EPS\\In
stall\\install\\AcornActuate\\log4cxx.properties"));
LoggerPtr rootLogger = Logger::getRootLogger();
LOG4CXX_INFO(rootLogger, "Entering ValidateActuateiServerSettings");

here is some of the property file:

log4j.rootLogger=debug, stdout, R

# Pattern to output the caller's file name and line number.
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t] (%F:%L) - %m%n

log4j.appender.R.File="example.log"

thanks,

owen