From "Owen Corpening" <ocorpen...@acornsys.com>
Subject Re: how to build testmain.cpp with VC++ 6
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 21:47:17 GMT
Couldn't figure out immediately why the unit test failed, maybe it couldn't
find "sed", I don't know.So I built the trivial example and:

C:\temp>cl /IC:\buildtools\logging-log4cxx\include trivial.cpp /EHsc /link
/LIBPATH:C:\buildtools\logging-log4cxx\build\debug\shared log4cxxd.lib
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1984-2002. All rights reserved.

trivial.cpp
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 7.10.3077

/out:trivial.exe
/LIBPATH:C:\buildtools\logging-log4cxx\build\debug\shared
log4cxxd.lib
trivial.obj

Copied C:\buildtools\logging-log4cxx\build\debug\shared\log4cxxd.dll to
c:\temp and bingo:

C:\temp>trivial
10 [0x000007B4] DEBUG root trivial context - debug message
20 [0x000007B4] INFO root trivial context - info message
30 [0x000007B4] WARN root trivial context - warn message
40 [0x000007B4] ERROR root trivial context - error message
40 [0x000007B4] FATAL root trivial context - fatal message

C:\temp>

thanks bunches hope this helps another newbie somewhere out there,
owen