From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Linking problem
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 12:31:37 GMT

On May 4, 2005, at 5:44 AM, Javier Leyba wrote:

> Hi
>
> I´m a little bit new with C++ and totally new with
> log4cxx.
>
> I'm using VC++ 6. I compiled a log4cxx static library
> and the I tried to compile one of the examples that I
> saw in doc page.

There is an open bug report on static linking with VC
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-77)  and it is coming to
the top of my list, I'm not sure if that is what you are seeing
however.

Were you using a Visual Studio project generated by the Ant script or
one that you wrote on your own?  If you manually created the Visual C++
project, could you double check that you defined the preprocessor macro
LOG4CXX_STATIC?

FYI: The Ant script can produce VS6 project files for each binary
created in the build process by running:

ant build-projects-vc6