From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compile issues on solaris 2.8
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 22:52:58 GMT

On May 2, 2005, at 5:00 PM, Ananta, Nitinan wrote:

> Curt,
>
> Here is the copyright information.
>
> /* This is part of libio/iostream, providing -*- C++ -*- input/output.
> Copyright (C) 1993 Free Software Foundation

STL was standardized in 1998, so a 1993 implementation might be
expected to have some holes.

> Sorry, I'm not an expert in configure either :-).

No problem, I will give you a line that you can just manually edit to
indicate no std::locale until we get the configure script detecting
that automatically.

> By the way, does log4cxx 0.9.7 use the C++ locale?  I was thinking that
> maybe for now I can revert to this version.

I'm fairly close to having the fallback implementation finished.  I
would discourage you from trying to use log4cxx-0.9.7, the
initialization order bugs (I think it was LOGCXX-11, but maybe 4)
caused catastrophic failure on many platforms.  I think the chance of
log4cxx-0.9.7 working reliably on that platform is relatively small and
there is absolutely no way we can help you if you do run into a
problem.  Much better to work through these issues with code that we
can change.