From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compiling log4cxx on OS X 10.3.9
Date Sat, 14 May 2005 03:01:19 GMT
I've changed the build.xml file to assume that iconv is present on
the Mac and to fail with a hopefully informative message if -
Dhas.wchar_t=0 is not set.

That got the log4cxx to build and run the trivial sample problem, but
cppunit would fail to link as a shared library (missing typeinfo
symbols).  The trivial example would compile and run.

I've opened bug http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-85 for
any Mac OS/X specific wishes.  The ones I can come up with were to
use CFString as LogString (the internal string type), to add
CFString overloads where there are currently std::wstring and
std::string overloads (for example, Logger.info()) and to have
OutputDebugStringAppender output to NSLog.  If you have any more,
please add them to that bug.  I'll will try to get back in a few days.