From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: __stdcall ?
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 04:46:22 GMT
Likely that you will have to link with a static library.  You shouldn't
place log4cxx.dll in system32 since we have not reached the point of
promising binary compatibility between versions.  Since a .msi is
likely a DLL itself (though I haven't checked that), the path is
controlled by the calling application, in this case "Microsoft
Installer" and the location of the .msi file is immaterial.  You
shouldn't be using the "d" (debug) version either.  There are some open
bugs with static linking on Microsoft, basically some appenders that
were expected to be forced into the link are dropped for some reason.

I suspect that the only thing that is required to be __stdcall are the
methods exposed in the .msi to be used by Microsoft Installer.  The
calling conventions in method calls within the .msi file should not be
important.