From "Ananta, Nitinan" <nitinan.ana...@spirentcom.com>
Subject RE: Compile issues on solaris 2.8
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 21:13:56 GMT
Curt,

I did a grep for "locale" and here is the result:

clocale:// The -*- C++ -*- locale support header.
clocale:#include <locale.h>

Here is the grep results for "<vector>":

stl.h:#include <vector>

Sorry, I was referring to the "Locale" class defined in the helpers/local.h
file and not the C local.h.

thanks,
  Nitinan

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Arnold [mailto:carnold@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 2:01 PM
To: Log4CXX User
Subject: Re: Compile issues on solaris 2.8

On May 2, 2005, at 3:40 PM, Ananta, Nitinan wrote:

> "/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/2.95.2/../../../../
> include/g++-
> 3/vector" 1 3

This identifies the location in which gcc located <vector>.  If I count
the ".."'s correctly that means that "/usr/local/include/g++-3" is the
location of the STL header files.  Could you check for identifying
marks of <vector> in that directory, check if <locale> exists and
search the other headers for instances of locale.

> By the way, I noticed that there is a  "Locale" class defined in
> "locale.h".
> Is this an alternative if <locale> does not exist?

locale.h should be the C RTL locale header, not the STL locale header.
If we can't find an STL locale hiding in the wrong header file in your
STL implementation, you could likely provide a mock implementation that
could be sufficient to get SimpleDateFormat to compile, but it would
likely not track changes in locale and might always give you, for
example, month names in English.