From Curt Arnold <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: Re[2]: Linking problem
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 17:37:53 GMT
Sorry, I did not realizing that you were using the log4cxx-0.9.7
development snapshot (it shouldn't be called a release since log4cxx
was an "incubated" project at that time).  That release is quite dated,
has many serious issues and the current CVS HEAD is radically changed.
We are trying to get the CVS HEAD in shape for a long overdue official
Apache release.  Unless you have a compelling reason to start with
log4cxx-0.9.7, I would avoid it.

The status of log4cxx-0.9.7 is discussed at
http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/, however I see that the binary
downloads page for the overall logging services project does not
contain any discouragement from using that release.  I'll add a link to
the log4cxx page from the downloads page to discourage people from
starting with 0.9.7.

For the last few minutes, the Windows build has been broken, but when
you see another flurry of commit messages, it should be working again.