From "Michael J. Pawlowsky" <mi...@mi-consultants.com>
Subject Class/Lib to read in Apache Logs in C/C++
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 04:43:06 GMT
I was looking around for a class or library to read in Apache logs.
I found some in Perl and PHP but was hoping to find something in C/C++.

I was looking at log4c but from the quick reading I did, it seems
focused on writing logs not reading them.

The task I have is pretty simple...  I only need to concatenate a bunch
of logs in chronological order.
So basically read each log one line at a time and place the earliest log
line into a new file.

I need this because our current log analyzer does not support load
balanced servers.
It's not much work to parse out the time, but I figured if it's already
done. why re-invent it.
And I would rather go with C/C++ simply because thes logs will have
about 1,000,000 lines in each of them so I figured it would be faster
than in Perl.

Does anyone know of any classes or libraries that might fit the bill?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Mike