From Andreas Fester <Andreas.Fes...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: FreeBSD & log4CXX no joy
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 09:43:44 GMT
Hi,

Keith Bottner wrote:
> Hey all I once more put forth a request for some guidance on getting
> log4cxx compiling on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE.
>
> Since log4cxx-0.9.7.tar.gz does not come with a ./configure all ready to

Due to this, I also had some hard time to create the Debian packages
which I currently work on; you can be sure that I will keep an eye
on 0.9.8 to provide a proper dist tarball which includes the configure
scripts and does not depend on the auto* tools :-)

> go I went ahead and was able to get the ./autogen.sh working by making
> the following soft links:

You should not need those, the auto* tools and libtoolize should
create them.

[...]
> ./ltconfig: ./ltconfig: No such file or directory
It seems that the link you created for ltconfig is dead.

Anyway, you could try the following:

goto http://littletux.homelinux.org/debian/log4cxx

Download the file log4cxx_0.9.7-1.diff.gz and apply the patch
to your (probably refreshed from the original tar ball) log4cxx-0.9.7
source tree.
You have then all changes I had to make for debian, including a
configure sript. Since the configure script should be system
independant, this should also work on FreeBSD and you should
be able to do the usual ./configure ; make .

HTH,

	Andreas