From Andreas Fester <Andreas.Fes...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: can't statically link on w32
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 19:28:34 GMT
Hi,

Owen Corpening wrote:
> my .vcproj file has:
>     AdditionalDependencies="msi.lib log4cxx.lib"
>     OutputFile="$(OutDir)/AcornActuateCustomActions.dll"
>     LinkIncremental="1"
>     AdditionalLibraryDirectories="C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> SDK\Lib;C:\development\head\EPS\vendor\Apache\logging-log4cxx\build\release\
> static"
>
> but I am getting this as if it cannot find the log4cxx.lib:
>
> [AcornActuateCustomActions] AcornActuateCustomActions.obj : error LNK2019:
> unres
> olved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
> log4cxx::Lo
> gger::forcedLog(class log4cxx::helpers::ObjectPtrT<class log4cxx::Level>
> const &
> ,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
> std::allocator
> <char> > const &,class log4cxx::spi::LocationInfo const &)"
> (__imp_?forcedLog@Lo
> gger@log4cxx@@QAEXABV?$ObjectPtrT@VLevel@log4cxx@@@helpers@2@ABV?$basic_stri
> ng@D
> U?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@ABVLocationInfo@spi@2@@Z)
> referenced in function _ValidateActuateiServerSettings@4
                          =================================

This does not seem to be a C++ mangled name but an __stdcall
mangled name.
Could it bee that you are mixing calling conventions somehow?

Otherwise, try to write a small .bat file which contains the linker
call and add all parameters manually (I do not currently have a
Windows system available, but something like

LINK /NOLOGO /DEBUG /SUBSYSTEM:windows LIBPATH:C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\SDK\Lib;C:\development\head\EPS\vendor\Apache\logging-log4cxx\build\release\

static" msi.lib log4cxx.lib objectfile1.obj objectfile2.obj

should do the job). This sort of approach usually helps me in finding
such errors :-)

Regards,

	Andreas

--