From Juri Ganitkevitch <Juri.Ganitkevi...@rwth-aachen.de>
Subject Compiling log4cxx on OS X 10.3.9
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 15:14:06 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm having some problems compiling log4cxx on my iBook. This goes for the 0.9.7 release as
well as for the
current CVS HEAD.

Leaving the 0.9.7 as it is gets me a libtool error (while make-ing):

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include/log4cxx -I../include
-I/usr/
include/libxml2  -D_REENTRANT  -g -O2 -c -o appenderattachableimpl.lo `test -f
'appenderattachableimpl.cpp' || echo './'`appenderattachableimpl.cpp
libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.3.5'
Fatal configuration error.  See the libtool docs for more information.

Trying to ant the CVS HEAD leaves me with a linker error:

[cc] Starting link
[cc] ld: /Users/jg/Downloads/Compile/logging-log4cxx/build/debug/static/libaprutil-1.a(xlate.o)
illegal
      reference to symbol: _libiconv defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
[cc] /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed

As you see, I'm not very knowing in terms of libtool, linking etc. Anybody here, who got log4cxx
running on a
Mac? I just seem to be to dumb to get it to compile.

Could this be caused by Apple's std. libtool? Or any potential libtool version garbage I created
(I think I created
some..)?

Thanks a big lot, I'm really starting to get desperate.

Greetings,

Juri