From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compile issues on solaris 2.8
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 20:25:12 GMT

On May 2, 2005, at 2:51 PM, Ananta, Nitinan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running into the following compile error on solaris 2.8 with gcc
> 2.95.2.

The missing file is <locale> and is part of the Standard Template
Library.  If you are not getting an error on the prior include to
<vector>, it would appear that the STL include files are in the include
path but <locale> is not being found.  The copyright dates go back to
1997 which would suggest that a GCC implementation of locale was around
at the time of a 2.95.2 release in 1999.

Could you report the following:

1. A listing of the files in your c++ include directory (Don't know
Solaris, but it would be something like
/usr/include/gcc/PLATFORM/VERSION/c++ on other Unixes).

2. Any identifying marks from the <vector> include file in that
directory.

3. The output of "grep locale /usr/include/gcc/....../c++"

4. The output of

cd logging-log4cxx
gcc -E src/simpledateformat.cpp -I include | grep vector

and

gcc -E src/simpledateformat.cpp -I include | grep locale