From Chris Williams <chris_d_willi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Solaris 10 and gcc update
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 11:17:23 GMT
After some google searches, I found out that
__STD_ISO_10646__ is not defined on Solaris 10 and I
doubt earlier Solaris versions.  I know wchar_t is
defined in Solaris 10 but I don't know of a way to
find that out.  I will hunt around and try to find a
way that wchar_t can be tested.

Chris

--- Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:
> >> The failure in test9 is likely happening on the
> following line:
> >>
> >>   std::locale localeUS(LOCALE_US);
> >>
> >> where LOCALE_US = "en_US".  Do you have any
> documentation on the
> >> names
> >> recognized for std::locale constructors on
> Solaris?
> >>
> > I am pretty sure en_US is a valid locale.  I went
> to the /usr/lib/
> > locale and
> > there is a en_US directory.  Any other thoughts on
> what to try??
> >

> Nope.  That isn't an essential test, I'd just
> comment it out in the
> CPPUNIT_TEST block at the top and we will dig into
> it later.
>

> >> When I tried to build without the -Dlogchar=utf8
> -Dhas.wchar_t=0
> >> command
> >> lines, I got the following link error.
> >>

> >> build-shortsocketserver:
> >>     [mkdir] Created dir:

/export/disk10/cppProjects/logging-log4cxx/build/debug/shared/
> >> shortsocketser
> >> ver_obj
> >>        [cc] 2 total files to be compiled.
> >>        [cc] Starting link
> >>        [cc] Undefined                   first
> referenced
> >>        [cc]  symbol                         in
> file
> >>        [cc]
> log4cxx::helpers::UnicodeHelper::encodeWide(unsigned
> int,

wchar_t*)/export/disk10/cppProjects/logging-log4cxx/build/debug/
> >> shared/liblo
> >> g4cxx.so
> >>        [cc]
> log4cxx::helpers::UnicodeHelper::decodeWide(wchar_t
> >> const*&,
> >> wchar_t

const*)/export/disk10/cppProjects/logging-log4cxx/build/debug/shared/
> >> liblog4
> >> cxx.so
> >>
> >> Any suggestions on what I could do to resolve
> this?
> >>

> >> Those methods have been suppressed since you
> specified that the
> >> compiler did not have a wchar_t type with the
> -Dhas.wchar_t=0.  I
> >> assume that Solaris gcc actually has a wide
> character type and you
> >> could turn it on and the problem would go away.
> However, I should
> >> review shortsocketserver to see why it doesn't
> build when wchar_t is
> >> not present.
> >>

> > I got this error when I used the ant
> -Dapr.dir=/usr/local/apr

-Dcppunit.dir=/export/disk10/cppProjects/cppunit-1.10.2