From "Javier" <xavierle...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject Re[2]: Linking problem
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 17:06:03 GMT
On 04/05/2005 at 7:31 Curt Arnold wrote:

>There is an open bug report on static linking with VC
>(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX-77)  and it is coming to
>the top of my list, I'm not sure if that is what you are seeing
>however.
>
>Were you using a Visual Studio project generated by the Ant script or
>one that you wrote on your own?  If you manually created the Visual C++
>project, could you double check that you defined the preprocessor macro
>LOG4CXX_STATIC?

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I couldn't see any ant project file ..

I come to msvc folder, loaded log4cxx.dsw file in my VC 6 and, maked static
project as active project and compiled it... If there a re a better way to
do it, just tell me.

Also, the line in install file that said:

Copy the msvc/config.h.msvc file to include/log4cxx/config.h.

is wrong because I couldn't find this file...

Now, knowing the bug with static lib, I wonder if dinamic lib works well...

Thanks in advance